Thursday, September 18, 2008

BLACKLIGHTING ::: Waves Rockin' The Boat

17Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

19GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer’s;
he makes me tread on my high places.

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (English Standard Version)
I have no clue about Habakkuk. I know he's a prophet, that's about it. Nonetheless, these verses he wrote speak so strongly to me these days.

Okay, here's the deal: it's one thing to put our trust in God when things in our lives are spiraling, it's a whole other scenario to be expected to rejoice in the midst of it. One tall order for a society who loves to wallow in self-pity! But guess what? It's not impossible. Primarily, it's a command but God, knowing how feeble I am, has blessed me with the resources to be able to praise. The first one is prayer which I can't stress enough; the second is his word. I never realized how present my bible is going to be in my life. (Thank you, Ninang.)

The question that follows is why? Well, I can only share what's been revealed to me. It's because true joy is the spark we need to be able to take full advantage of the deliverance God promises each of us.

Early in the morning
I will celebrate the light
And when I stumble into darkness
I will call your name by night

No comments:

Post a Comment