Friday, September 12, 2008

Slow News Day

Kerouac wrote On The Road as one long paragraph on sheets of paper he'd taped together forming a scroll. I wish I could do that sometimes, write in one continuous purge. This (the wishing, not the writing) usually happens when I'm at Books Actually, that lovely little shop on Ann Siang Road, and staring intently at things to add to my Christmas list. Things like that Muji book, CDs, paper, toys, vintage cameras, nifty trinkets, that Muji book.

I pose this question to Tom Chaplin: what the heck did you do?! Dude, you lost a lot. Hey if I had money to burn I'll check myself into The Priory, too, sans drug-drink issues. But I guess that's a prereq. Anyway, Tom is looking great and the new single is Spiraling which I think is pretty tongue-in-cheek for a Keane song. I like it though.

Everybody's Changing (Keane)

You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can

You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Since everybody's changing
And I don't know why

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same

You're gone from here
Soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
'cause everybody's changing
And I don't feel right

I've been drowning myself in mindless pop since U2 have been taking their sweet time with the new album. I downloaded NKOTB's reunion album and I have to say it's not bad at all. The reviews have been predictably unkind but, really now, how can you take those seriously when they came out in the same publications raving over the new Jonas brothers movie. Yeah, really credible the lot of them. Tigilan nyo nga ako.

No comments:

Post a Comment