Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's a Beautiful Daaaate!

This is too easy. If I post on this week's topic, would it get me that date? Too doubtful. So I'll share my bit anyway.

I know I've dreamed about dating celebs when I was a kid. Johnny Depp at 9, Jordan Knight at 12, and Michael Jackson, from 13 to 20. No kidding. I loved MJ in all my teenage fan capacity. Oh, I almost forgot, Darren Hayes, too. Apparently, I'm drawn to dark-haired men. ;-)

But right now, if there is one celebrity I really want to date, it's gotta be Bono and for countless reasons.

He's intelligent, wity, articulate, poetic, has a sexy Irish accent, and concerned about humanity PLUS sings lead for the greatest band in the world right now. That alone takes care of the dead air over dinner.

But after wining and dining at Mario Batali's Babbo restaurant at Greenwich Village, the B-man flies me to Lesotho in Africa to get to know the people behind Edun clothes. We thank them for their talent and courage to keep the faith. Then it's off to Dublin to meet with the rest of the U2 boys. Adam and I exchange experiences on spending birthdays on Friday the 13th (we share a birthday) and they treat me to a live performance of "One" and "Where The Streets Have No Name". Before I leave, the band sign a copy of U2 By U2 for me as souvenir.

We can then drive Bono's Maserati Quattroporte around Hannover Quay where Windmill Lane used to be and end up at The Clarence, the hotel he and Edge own. This will be home for the night which I'll spend uploading hundreds of photos to my Mobbed Blog. Right before I fall asleep, Bono calls up my room and tells me they want me to work for them, U2 Limited. Aww.

How's that for a...beautiful daaaay!!