Monday, October 23, 2006

Get. Me. Outtahere.


The boss is in-love with herself.

This will be the last is yet another time I'm going to talk about my frustration at the workplace. I just need to vent so forgive me for being incoherent.

OK. So I scheduled to take-off for a couple of days this week for some personal errands. I did that one full week ahead, as per procedure--'cause they're such control freaks.

On my way to the city this morning, I get a text message from my boss asking if I was finished with the editorial she asked me to write Thursday last week. I replied and said, "Yep, it's in your inbox" or something like that anyway. She then said for me to email it to another addy because the mail server at work was down. Since the file is on my work computer, I just asked a co-worker to retrieve the file and give it to the boss. All seemed well after that.

Moments later I get another text message from her asking about the CDs containing photos we'll be using for a joint production with ABS-CBN. She wanted to know if I'd already returned it to our Creatives unit. This is what I said: "No because we haven't picked any photos yet, remember?" Her reply demonstrated just how inconsistent and out-of-touch she is with the people she oversees. She said, "Next time, before you go on leave, make sure you don't have any loose ends."

I almost cried from the intense emotion that overtook me seconds after I read her dis. I could not believe she would be so irresponsible with her words. You probably think I'm overreacting but trust me, it's a loaded statement, coming from her. She likes to devalue people when it comes to work ethics. And nothing gets to me more than that because I make sure that whatever job I hold, I give it a hundred percent. Nobody can accuse me of negligence.

What made me upset in the first place was her telling me off like the condescending miss goody two shoes she is. Doesn't she know how I'm the only one who can stand her self-righteous ass? Doesn't she know that 99% of her staff (me included) has been thinking about leaving the company for a long time now because of her?

So I sent another message telling her that that's exactly why I put the CD on my drawer instead of returning it to the creatives. I knew she would ask for it today, Monday! Because she's always complaining to me how she's overworked, spread too thin, and always besieged by our head's orders one on top of the other, I choose to hold off on telling her certain things that can wait until she asks for them! I thought I was actually doing her a favor because I know she gets irritated by constant follow ups. Turns out she has no grip on her real psyche.

It's a good thing I have a co-worker who shares my frustration. He's always getting unnecessary crap from her, too. All her subordinates do. I wonder if she ever thinks about how pathetic her management style (or lack thereof) really is. Has she ever asked why her people don't meet her standards?

The thing is my boss is that way because it's exactly how her superiors treat her, too. She (in)advertently spins the vicious cycle with us. But if she's any good, she shouldn't. She can't tell the difference obviously.