Wednesday, August 02, 2006

U2 ::: The Gold Card Club



I picked up the Vertigo 2005 Chicago live DVD at MusicOne and wondered why it didn't have any 'behind the scenes' footage. I later realized I had gotten the jewel box edition and not the double-disc one. The concert was nothing short of amazing, of course. It was Bono's birthday show and so forgetting his lyrics was pardoned. Not that it's anything new. *smirk*

Above is a short film which I had no idea about except that it was probably made in the late 90s. I know I could google it but I'm about to clock out of here so maybe I'll indulge tomorrow. Note that Bono carries a gold card, like any U2 member should. I dunno. Maybe? Oh and I loved how he tells her "Could you...gift wrap it for me?" in that almost whispery soft voice.

6 comments:

  1. i love that smirk he has when he delivers that gift-wrapping line. one of the girls in the film is paul mcguinness' daughter i think. who needs google we can just make stuff up? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah U2. sometimes i wish life wouldnt pass by so fast coz i miss them when they were really cool. but i guess they still are. what am i thinking, its U2.

    uno dos tres ..uhm ..katorse?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Thanks for the tag! I see your a great U2 fan who believes in their casue. I enjoy their music much too.

    Believe me, no one really knows who the Millers are in Singapore. Probably only Colby cos he is hosting the show Pop Inc on MTV, but really, no one else really knows them.

    Their not the IT things back home no more?

    Thanks for the tag once again.

    Jamie

    *peace out*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cristina. I came across your blog and linked you up in mine right away. hope you dont mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog also. Also into U2. Loved the short film. I catch myself staring at B's lips during his speaking part - something about the way he's speaking so slowly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. C>> Hey, thanks for the trivia. According to the credits, it's the friend in the cafe. Funny how she mentions her dad, too.

    kuazee>> LOL! "when they were"? Careful with the foot IN mouth disease, dude.

    Jamie>> No. They were for about a couple months though. Hahah! But you know how pseudo-celebs never get tired of trying.

    jesse>> Hi and thanks.

    mer>> You found me. Hope you don't get bummed about it.

    ReplyDelete