Saturday, July 21, 2007

SHRINK RAP ::: The Paramecium

Is it time to cash in my check yet?

There's this blog I read once in a while and on it the owner posts some realization-type musings among other things. I generally don't pay any attention to those because there's some really uninteresting stuff in there. However, this time I found myself reading it through the end--and, boy, was it a very long entry. There's only one reason I would want to finish what they wrote on there and that's if I find a something strikingly real yet plain. Something that's not peppered with cutesy, buttery generalizations straight out of teen fiction but more of hardline truth.

The subject was of patience. I can't relay what was posted there because I can't remember it anymore. Neither do I believe it will be of any benefit to instantly apply someone else's own personal navel-gazing theories. So I'm going to, instead, let out my own revelry on the word. Read at your own risk.

Now, I consider myself a fairly patient person in how I deal with and tolerate people. But there's another variation (if you can call it that) of patience that is mostly concerned with one's own progression in life. It could be about your career, your personal struggles, your frustrations with the world you live in.

I then ask myself just how patient can I be with these factors, them being the way they are.

Let's take, for example, the way we see our future based on the present. How many of the filthy rich are able to declare that their lives ten or fifteen years down the line will be completely picture-perfect because they got it all settled? (And you know what I mean by this) Not a lot. In fact, I hardly think anyone can flat out declare that.

Why? Because people are still finite beings. *smirk* No matter how secure you are with your own visions and theories, they will always be stashed aside one time or another thereby sending you back to the proverbial drawing board. (The cliches making you cringe yet?) This is where the grave importance of faith to propel one's patience comes in.

We all have seen how one's faith allows him or her to give other people another chance. Faith allows you to push yourself further just when you think you can't follow through one more second.

It counts most when you've tried everything you know and yet you still can't break the code.

Faith is a personal resolution, not a George Michael royalty check.

No comments:

Post a Comment