Friday, December 08, 2006

RIGHT BRAIN ::: Break Out that Wham! Classic

The title just means I'm hearing "Last Christmas" more often than what is mentally healthy. I'm not kidding. People in this country love that song. Anytime it's a "lost love" kind of thing, it sticks in society's psyche...just like ol' Yorgos' sissy dance. Ah, weeell.

This office is like Amazon.com's fulfillment house right now. You walk in and it's wall-to-wall Christmas giveaways, things my fellow employees could only wish would trickle to them. There's a stack of DVD players, a TV set, iPods, a couple of desktop computers, Christmas baskets of imported stuff, and a refrigerator. Now, imagine yourself trying to come up with an article at your desk somewhere in the midst of all that. Pretty insane but that's the price of "keeping good relations" with the freeloaders. Ye know who y'are, y'extortionists.

I finally heard Window in the Skies and I think their Sgt. Pepper collab with Macca did rub off after all. I'm not too fond of this song. Maybe that's the reason why I haven't picked up the new product. Or maybe I'm just making it easy for anyone thinking of getting me something for Christmas.

Speaking of joint projects, I was pleasantly surprised to learn about they're nominations for next year's Grammys. I wasn't expecting that they'd be up for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for One with Mary J and Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal for The Saints Are Coming with Greenday. Very nice! High five! I mean, usually, after an album gets released, U2 will make two Grammy appearances and disappear for a couple of years. Well, except for Bono who would come to a show to present and flaunt a new 'do. But he would rarely be a nominee, right? I don't think they'll attend anyway.

I hope that everyone going to see them tomorrow will have a great time. Man, you people suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment