Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sick

Yes, just as I'd expected, my weekend was a disgusting mix of snot, fever, cough and cold pills, liquid, some green oil, and sweat. I had the flu and it's never fun.

If you're like me, you enjoy moments of solitude exploring--the city to watch neopolitans spend their selves, nooks and crannies of your house to find long lost things, or just ideas that came to you not too long ago. Well, I did none of that and instead spent three days lying in bed. The only activities I engaged in were wiping my dripping nose, getting up to pee, taking my pills, and changing my clothes. I tried to write in my journal but my head was so heavy it would literally tip backwards by itself. And then the worst thing happened.

The MTV Pilipinas Awards were held at a venue which our company owns and operated. Guess who was there. Yes, Colby. I had expected Max to be the Singapore representative to the show but he cancelled. Had I known Colby would be coming, I'd have dragged myself out of bed, braved the rain and possibly even pneumonia, just to be able to stare at him...from a (safe and lawful, LOL!) distance. And I could have cared less if the entire audience started sneezing and wheezing cause of me just then either. But as always, I only learn about his returns when he's already left.

So anyway, I'm back at the office and working on some article/press release/letter once again. The only good thing about this week is that it's another three-day weekend coming up. Yeah.