Monday, July 03, 2006

U2 ::: Hewson Associates, LLC

(Three days and a narrow escape later) I know I said "later today" but I didn't mean in Earth years.

I had no idea that there's a new lobbying firm around. What are these guys saying? That they want Bono to bite the hand that feeds him? Sure, the man's got heart but you can't expect him to become a saint overnight.

Of course, I'd love nothing more than for these greedy corporate types to be stripped of their, well, greediness. But as Bono said himself, "Compromise, it's not a dirty word." We can, therefore, say (or theorize) that he won't touch on this copy protection issue. It's just like when the band chastised him for meeting with Dubya. Being Bono is tough alright and I admire him for picking his battles.

In other developments...

I wonder how things will be come Sunday at the Franco-Italian border. Bastille Day is July 14 so if we want the French to be uncharacteristically friendly, we better hope they win the coupe de monde. The Italians can throw a better victory party though.

1 comment:

  1. i think they are barking up the wrong tree trying to get bono to join their side......

    ReplyDelete