Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm Not Going to Jail!!


Sorry if I startled you with that title. It's just funny how things in my life turn from corner to corner. No, I've not committed a felony. Not yet anyway. Kidding. Whutevur.

But check out the new celebrity Got Milk endorser!



We took my sister to the airport early Monday morning. She was leaving for Jeddah and that being the first time anyone in my family was going abroad for a lengthy period (years), I was a little emotional.

It was funny because in the days prior to her departure, my mother was being all depressed and joked that she wouldn't come with us to the airport. My father was also feeling down but he didn't tell anyone but my mother. I chastised them for their attitude. I told them to change the way they saw the whole situation and that their being depressed would only cause concern for my sister.

Well, there we were saying goodbye and guess who had the bloated eyelids? Yep. This one here.

I tried my best to act cool about it, even taking photos of everyone there to distract myself. Still, seeing my sister walk through the airport entrance pushing her cart with her box and suitcase...was heartbreaking.

In the car on the way home, I couldn't control my tears anymore. I wasn't sobbing or anything, just soaking a piece of cloth with my eyes. What made it worse is I had work later that day and I couldn't think of a good excuse for my eyes.

I've recovered pretty quickly through. I didn't think I would be able to go to work at all but I managed to. My sister now has a job there and, from my mom's text, was able to finally call home and talk to them.

So as you can see, ladies and gentlemen, I'm a sensitive soul though I seem thick-skinned. Thank you, Pumbaa, for that timeless quote from The Lion King.