Friday, June 09, 2006

All the Way for Oranje!

Netherlands match schedule*:
11 Jun SCG vs. NED 21:00
17 Jun NED vs. CIV 00:00
22 Jun NED vs. ARG 03:00

I just found out that lanky goalie Edwin Van der Sar and Phillip Cocu share a birthday, October 29, 1970. That makes them the two oldest members of the World Cup 2006 Oranje squad. Seeing them will definitely make me miss the old crew: Dennis Bergkamp, Marc Overmars, the DeBoer twins, Jaap Stam, Edgar Davids, Patrick Kluivert, Clarence Seedorf, and even coach Guus Hiddink.

It's my third World Cup and I'm glad the KNVB team is playing. (Doesn't take a lot) The last one in Korea/Japan was not as exciting for me because Bergkamp, who retired last month after eleven years in the international leagues, and the Dutch squad were missing from the pitch. But the boys are back in the game so I'll be having occasional ridiculously early mornings over the next month.

Oh yeah, it's onnnn now!

*all times MNL

No comments:

Post a Comment