Thursday, May 04, 2006

U2 ::: One Out of Four Don't Cut It

Who's that next to Seinfeld?
Rolling Stone magazine's 1000th issue is out with a Sgt. Pepper cover. I've been trying to make out as many names as I can from this jpeg posted on their site but they didn't post a bigger one.

So it's good that Bono's up front—but why only Bono when all four Beatles take centerstage?

OK. Maybe U2 aren't as revered as their British brothers but a band is a band. (Run, DMC, and Jam Master Jay? All there.) Then again, Bill Clinton is also in that crowd over there which tells me the cover isn't really about music...which means RS is honoring Bono the celebrity instead of him being one-fourth of the biggest band in the world right now. I can't suspect enough.

So who all can I recognize there? Aretha, Mick Jagger, Dylan, Chuck Berry, Hendrix, Elvis, Madonna, Springsteen, BONO, Clinton, Billy Joe Armstrong, Bowie, Eminem, Ali, Michael Jackson, 50 Cent, Bob Marley, Jerry Seinfeld, Neil Young, Tupac, Simon & Garfunkel, Clint Eastwood, Nelson Mandela, Run DMC, Axl Rose, Elton John, Sting, Ronald Reagan, Kenny from South Park, Bart Simpson, Pamela Anderson, and Stevie Wonder. The rest I will have to figure out whenever I manage to get a hold of the actual thing.

When Bono turns 46 next week, my parents will be married 29 years and I will mark my sixth month with my current employer. I don't know what goes with becoming "regularized" in this company except some insignificant pay raise and the opportunity to wear a stinkin' office uniform. Yay. Oh, what the heck? I could use the money for my trip to Jeddah...whenever that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment