Friday, September 02, 2005

RIGHT BRAIN ::: Dream A Little

It's the beginning of September, folks! Yes, I know, everyone's well aware of that, no need to shout it on mountaintops. But trust me, there is an unending list of things to sulk about, personal and otherwise, that I'd rather come full circle and be in euphoria.

So what have I been doing? What do you want to know it for? Get a life, loser.

Just kidding.

The gang didn't make it to Joey's party for various reasons, i.e. are we going or are we not? is it on or is it off?

I went to Makati last Saturday for another prospective employment activity. I know I said before that I won't go back to a call center job but this one was a start-up and I wanted to see who the players were. The guy who built the business plan and heads the whole company is the same dude who started CPK, Italianni's, and Tequila Joe's in the Philippines--at guwapo sya, Kastilang mestizo. I was impressed that he built and grew his company at such a young age; he was 26, I think, when he opened CPK. (I'm 27 now and the only investment I've made is bad credit, hah!) From the things he said, you could sense focus, intelligence, and profound pride in being Filipino. He even went on to state that he was, indeed, Pinoy even if many people think otherwise. Kasi nga, matangos ang ilong, matangkad, at balbas-sarado pa. There was no doubt in his mind, after almost a year doing research, that we can outperform other countries when it came to this industry. I thought to myself, "well, how ironic is it that the Insulares turned out to be more involved in our country's future than us natives." For his part, since he's not as endowed with wealth as he'd like to be, he gives back to the community in the form of companies and jobs which in turn feed the economy. "Never mind if some guy in the BIR steals our money," he said. "Two wrongs don't make a right." I've always believed that everyone should channel energy into performing their tasks well instead of looking up to a figurehead to get things done. It would be a huge learning experience for anyone to be part of a start-up company with that kind of optimism and direction. Then again, every business venture can brag about those qualities and only time will tell what sets this company apart from other centers out there. One day, I hope to have my own company that will thrive here in Cavite--I don't want it to be anywhere else.

Still no word from PAGCOR about the job there. Sometimes I ask myself, why would I want to work for them now of all times? The administration is on shaky ground at the moment which is possibly causing these delays in decision making. I wouldn't know, I've never worked for any government office. Carl, another K-Lite DJ and good friend, is egging me to turn in a demo for their station because they need one more jock. I have mixed feelings about it but knowing how it's the one thing I'm willing to drop everything for, I will go ahead and do that. Everything's a big you'll never know. The prospect does sound exciting especially since I already have friends there who share my musical interest. They'll never see me coming.

Time to get off this theme park.

2 comments:

  1. "Everything's a big you'll never know." korek! GO ka na! malay mo di ba? =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. pahabol.. dun ka pa rin ba?

    ReplyDelete