Monday, February 28, 2011

Burritos Apart

I love a good burrito and I'm not particular with any place that serves it either. I've probably eaten most of my burritos from Miggy's Super Tacos, when they still had a branch close to our house. (By the way, I just looked at their Facebook page and it seems they only have one branch left and that's somewhere deep in ParaƱaque. Heaven knows I won't be lingering that vicinity anytime soon so I get my fill from the other Mexican fastfood joints in the city.) But recently, I took my bestfriend to Mexicali. She's not into Mexican food so it was primarily a favor for me that she agreed. I was only too happy about having a burrito and eating it, too.


The Mexicali burrito I has was not very good. How helpful is that description? LOL Seriously, it needs help. It's OK for someone like me who would eat a burrito anytime, any day, but that roast beef one has no flavor. And the way they packed the filling is sloppy. I had to be careful not to make a mess with bits of rice and meat dripping down my fingers. Thank goodness this wasn't fine dining. No photos of the food, readers. I was crosseyed from starving to pause and memorialize that thing. They still come with a side of nachos though, albeit reduced to an insignificant number of pieces.

Another place where I've had my most recent burrito, as a special treat from the bestie, is Army Navy. (This one at Harbor Square on Manila Bay fits right in with the PNHQ a stone's throw away.) I've been curious about the place since I would walk past their store on Dela Rosa on the way home. So after weeks of planning, we finally had lunch at Army Navy's CCP location.

This branch sat on a deck that offers a fantastic view of the bay.

1 comment:

  1. mexicali was my fave (for lack of anything else mexican in the mall anyway) at megamall until i tasted real burrito here in the states. its still not as bad if you ask me although i rarely go for any meat filling. their veggie burrito steals the show imo because that way your taste buds are challenged to truly appreciate whatever filling they put in there. they roast the veggies if im not mistaken but they can work a bit on the refried beans and the sauce. saka naman wag sana tipirin ang cilantro!

    ReplyDelete