Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Mercury

Last Sunday evening, I walked into the 7-Eleven near my house to get myself a cold drink...because it's been insufferably hot in hurr. I was immediately reminded how this particular outlet is unapologetically substandard: both the juice and soft drink dispensers weren't running--in April! I was a lost sale until on my way out I caught sight of the ice cream display freezer to so I thought, "Oh, what the heck." Then I saw this:



So it's a tub of ice cream, so what? That's no tub. Just look at how small it is:


It's the cutest thing I've seen in a long while! Haha! Not to mention attractive packaging. The thing I like about it (aside from tasting really good with chunks of brownies in it) is it's the exact replica of the bigger ones. I mean, it's like mini wine bottles. They sell these for P36, way overpriced but it ain't 7-Eleven if it doesn't add at least 20% to the SRP. But anyhow, this is good for weight watchers who want to get their fix. There's a finality in its size, too. I mean, can you really keep it down to less than 10 spoonfuls when half a tub remains?


It's interesting that the spatula wrapping says 'Wall's', the original brand name. I guess they're centrally sourced, like from China or something. But to continue with my lame anecdote, I didn't eat the ice cream right away. I decided to put it in the freezer for the next morning. This is what I got after storing it overnight:


I think I'll remember next time that when it's from 7-Eleven, you have to consume it just as fast as you got it. Maybe I'll try that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment