Sunday, October 19, 2008

BLACKLIGHTING ::: Radar's Clean

1 Co. 13:12-13 (The Message)

12
We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

I'm trying to stay true to the above but God knows it's not been easy. Love, I think I got it down pat. The first two I still struggle with somehow. There are simply way too many what-ifs hovering around me that egg me to conclude this way or that and sometimes I just can't put up the fight anymore.

However, something that has struck me is this (by way of nicequay): trust means doing. We can't say a person in a coma has put his or her trust in the doctors, they have no choice but to do so. But if that person were someone who made the decision to check herself into the hospital and go under the knife (for stomach stapling* or other), she's trusted by making an effort to subject herself to whatever results that medical procedure would yield. Sorry, it's a little needlessly complicated but I don't have any other way to illustrate this realization.

It's happening all over again and I guess I should be better equipped to handle it but I'm still not and that makes me glad. =D

So here goes nothing. Cowabunga.

*That was just an example!

1 comment:

  1. i get your example... i couldn't have worded it any better.

    ReplyDelete