Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mernayenda

This is to let the whole eenternets know that it's my Mama's birthday today (just passed the dateline) and I'm soooo happy to remember this great song from K's Choice for the occasion. Wow, them again, huh? I know. First was "Dad" and now this song, la letras de canciones aqui.

So. To roast or not to roast my own mother? That's easy. She's 1500 miles away, she can't snub me...in a way that would make me uneasy, at least. Haha!

My mama had quite a temper when we were kids. Oh yeah! If she were my teacher from Pilot, I'd have dropped out (and dropped dead) on the first day! Sungit talaga. Takot pati mga pinsan ko. But the remarkable thing is Mama was always the number one negotiator, our cushion from Dada's wrath each time we'd screw up, and she had enough practical sense to move us right along, you know what I mean? She doesn't believe in rummaging through the trash or oversensitizing matters.

Nowadays, Mama is a much calmer person. She has grown quite a lot spiritually and I can't thank God enough for that.

Miss mo na ko kase tinetext mo eh...pero mas miss mo ang paborito mong si Kuhol! Hahaha! Joke!!

Thank you for everything. Sorry for being "the moody one". I love you, Ma.

Always Everywhere


You turn off the light, kiss me goodnight
And mother, I know that I'm going to be alright
I just can't wait to grow up
Find my own life, be a good wife
And a smart one, I'm sure

I never took us for granted and I always knew
You and I are special
But I never knew how much I'd miss you

So much has changed and been rearranged
And I see that I've lost
What made me so young and incredibly strong
And never ever wrong

You were always there
Because you're always everywhere

I used to cry for no reason

And that's still the same

Except that I had adolescence to blame
But not now

Now I feel sad because
I don't know what's true
And I miss thinking I could be just like you

So much has changed and been rearranged
And I see that I've lost
What made me so young and incredibly strong
And never ever wrong
So much has changed and been rearranged
And I see that I've lost
What made me so sure that I could endure
How hard it is to lose and live again
And never understand

You are always everywhere
You're always there
You turn off the light, and kiss me goodnight
And mother, I know that I'm going to be alright

That Red Jumpsuit song sounds a bit like a rip-off of this one. Just thought I'd mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment