Friday, February 16, 2007

Did Someone Say Justified?

Anne L. from MTV Philippines called me on the cell yesterday to deliver good news: my Mobbed prizes were ready for pick-up. She was a pleasant phone pal, might I add. Although I maintained coolness, I could have dashed there and then to get 'em but I didn't want to show up like a turd in my work uniform. So today I went down there (MTV at The Fort) on my lunch break. I was anxious, too, as I always am when I have a small window of time to do something.

My taxi took an hour to get to MTV from my workplace in Malate (thanks to that jammed Buendia traffic) but, thankfully, the people who met me gave me no problems. They checked my ID, had me sign a claim sheet and I was off. The guard even had me inspect the Motorola headphones and commented that it was pretty neat. I said nothing as I was more concerned about the other prize.

On my way back, I had the headphones to my side and a brown Manila envelope on my lap. Inside it was the "U2 cd" mentioned on the claim sheet. I peeled the tape, opened the flap and was blown away. They could not have given me a better gift for Valentines, not that I obsess over that occasion. It was the one thing I've been wanting to get but can't because it's not locally available, the U2 18 Singles superdeluxenoneofyourfriendshaveit uber limited edition CD-DVD. Yes, the one with the Vertigo '05 Milan concert!! Yyyeaahhh!!