Sunday, September 24, 2006

U2 ::: Island Hopping

I haven't posted anything worth my while in an eternity because I've been swamped with other things going on in my 'nutherworld. The good news is I've finally sent the financial dead weight also known as my laptop to the repair guy and will, hopefully, be working tomorrow. If that should come to pass, I'll get to share some photos that have been stewing in various storage devices for a long time.

U2 turns a ripe 30 tomorrow, September 25th, which also happens to be my baby brother's 16th birthday. (:::applause:::) I brag that I have the same birthday as Adam but its no contest with him.

So anyway, I don't know if anyone's ever pointed it out (except for @U2.com's regular calendar blurbs on the front page) that U2's New Orleans performance on Monday night (Tuesday for us) marks their 30th anniversary. I understand how they're probably not putting much emphasis on it since it's just a number but it's also possible that the book and the pre-game show IS the commemoration. I don't know. C, what do you see?

By the way, these guys are such expert business travelers aren't they? London on Friday, Dublin on Saturday, Manhattan on Tuesday--three islands in less than a week. I'd love to know what perks they got.

5 comments:

  1. I think you're right about all this U2 fanfare. I hope that New Orleans proves to be a great event for them, especially the Edge, since he's worked so hard to put that city at the forefront of his good intentions. They're awesome. And I'm sure they got all sorts of lovely perks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm...well we know that they hate being about "the past", so yeah, I think you are onto something. It would be just like them to celebrate without officially telling us. Sneaky (perk-filled) mofos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my fellow U2-meisters (lame, i know!) for your remarkable hypotheses. Now, I'm waiiting for Bono to comment on my blog to clear things up....

    ...any minute now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, C and Hedbeats:

    You are correct, and I love you all. Immensely.

    Love,
    Bono Vox

    ReplyDelete