Thursday, May 25, 2006

WHIMSY :: Hicksville USA

Take that, McPhee! Can you say boring? Guess the cutesiness just didn't get you the mileage you expected, huh! Don't fret, brunette. Why don't you just join your cliquemate Pickle and form a sorority! Make Paula your first member, get drunk and heckle anyone who doesn't buy the crap you sell. At any rate, I hear they're lookin' for a new Ashley Simpson Show.

*aherm* Sorry about that, folks! It's just that I've held back for so long and now that she lost, I can rest easy.

Haha! Soul Patrol wins! Wooh! (throws head back)

I walked into our office this morning and found my co-writers standing in front of the TV. I knew right away they were watching the live AI finals on StarWorld. These guys are hardcore fans. For my part, I've never followed an entire AI season all the way to finals night before this one. It just got boring when my favorites left. This time, however, I was able to tune in to each episode thanks to my two officemates who have been long-time AI fans.

My picks from the Top 10 were Mandisa and Taylor. Chris, Elliot, and Paris were also tough competition while McPhee and Pickler used all variations of "bimbo" to get ahead.

Initially, I was really ticked by the results (especially when Mandisa and Paris were booted off) but I realized this is exactly how America votes. They like to keep things plain and uncomplicated...just like in the last two presidential elections. But I digress.

You could tell the fans' love for Mandisa did not wane at all because each time she got on the mic, there were screams and cheers. Really. It was THAT obvious. Go girl!

I was pleasantly surprised when Elliot sang "One" by my favorite band of all time, U2. I remember sitting at the computer and then hearing the opening riff then him going "is it getting better". I stood up and strode to the front of the tv screen. And when he called out The Queen Mary to join him, I was incommunicado.

That bit was the highlight of the program for me—more than Prince's, Meatloaf's (!!!!), Toni Braxton's, Clay Aiken's, or the Brokenote Cowboys clip (ROTFL). Of course, Taylor's winning moment was a tad emotional.

So congratulations to Soul Patrolman Taylor Hicks. Did you make me proud? Dawg, you had it all along!

No comments:

Post a Comment