Tuesday, May 30, 2006

WARHOL ::: Invading MTV Singapore (Photo Update)

On the way back to the office from our weekly lunch with the press yesterday afternoon, I got a call on my cell from a hidden phone number. I had a hunch who it was and I was right. It was from MTV Asia and the girl's name is Michell. She was the same girl who called me six months ago when I first came on the show.

Anyway, she called to say that Pop Inc was being reformatted and that they wanted to ask me for any ideas and stuff that I like about the show.

I told her I wanted Pop Inc to be aired live and she explained that they can't do that right now because of staffing problems and other matters but will look into it. She also said that they appreciated all my ideas and comments and do look into the possibilities of my suggestions. It was cool to know that because I do care enough for the show and want to see it improve on many areas.

The best thing she told me was that they would be calling me the next day to talk to the VJs, Denise and Colby. Woo!

"You like him (Colby), don't you?" she asked.

"Well, yeah. I mean he's from the Philippines. I have that affinity for him."

"He gets a little shy at times."

"Really? Colby?"

"Yes."

"Maybe you could have beer on the set to losen him up sometimes."

"That might be allowed in the Philippines but it's not allowed in Singapore."

"Oh they wouldn't have the budget for it anyway!"

"We do have a budget....(forgot what else she said). So we'll give you a call tomorrow at around two and record with you?"

"Yeah. Looking forward to that. Thanks."

"OK, it was nice talking to you."

"No problem. Bye!"

"Bye!"


* * *

Next day, I get the call at past 3 o'clock. I had been staring at my phone for a full two hours, maniacal and catatonic. The girl who called asked me to find a quiet spot and that she'd call me back in ten minutes.

An hour passed and, finally, I get the call. They were prepping up for my segment and passed me on to Denise and Colby. After the niceties, Colby said "I want some San Miguel beer."

"Well, don't you guys have it there?"

"We do but it's very expensive," complains Colby.

"It's fourteen dollars," said Denise.

"Really? That's about ten times as much."

"We hear that over there it's only like one dollar," she explained.

"Oh, even less!"

Colby asked about the weather. I said it was overcast. He's hella talkative.

Back to the control booth. Girl asked me to hold as they get ready. Someone counts down.

Roll camera. Denise and Colby go "hellooo!"

For the rest of the conversation, tune in next Monday, June 5, for my second Pop Inc appearance. Don't miss it because me and the VJs had a lot of fun talking.

By the way, I was asked for a video request and, naturally, I told them I wanted a U2 video. "One" with Mary J. Blige.


No comments:

Post a Comment