Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back from Laguna as a HOT BLOG!

I got home yesterday from the company outing in Pansol, Laguna. The resort we stayed in had the bottom of the pool laid out with red gravel. Coupled with the pure hot spring water, it gave that pseudo spa experience. There was so much food but I held back on binging so as not to spoil my diet plans. "Plans" is the operative word there.

I hitched a ride with my co-writer who dropped me off at Festival Supermall Alabang. Since I was there, I figured I might catch a screening of The Da Vinci Code but as soon as I got to the cinema level, all five of the ten theatres it was in were full. The next screening was at 6 pm and I didn't think it was worth waiting since I had to lug my Dumbo-heavy duffel bag around. I decided to just stroll a bit and look around the mall.

I found myself in the activity area where a Santacruzan-themed fashion show was going on. The program was hosted by a trannie named "Armine" who had on a body-hugging neon green dress and wig. When she turned her back to the audience, the stage lights revealed her black thongs. (T-back, bahala na kayo kung anong nasa back)

So the models were called out starting with two little girls aged 5 or 6. The first kid was a pro, no hitches at all. Then Armine called the second kid out. Soon as the little girl emerged from the wings, her face crumpled and it looked like she didn't want to continue.

"Ay, natakot yata sa 'kin!" Armine quipped. Heh! You can say that again. Here she is with two of the models.

Right where I stood was a cardboard ad for Dermstrata (skin care clinic and spa) with MTV VJs KC Montero and Cindy Kurleto. From the way it looked, I can't help but wonder just how much make-up and airbrushing was involved.

Today, when I got online to check for any comments, I realized this blog has been picked as one three Hot Blogs for the week. What does that mean though? Do I get any prize or incentive from it? Or are they just acknowledging the fact that I, scribe, am just muy caliente! I think so.

Before I end, let me just pay homage to the three Filipinos who conquered Mount Everest this past week. Leo Oracion, Pastor Emata, and Romy Garduce have shown this country that overcoming a challenge, no matter the scale, comes naturally for the Pinoy. I'm proud of you guys.

This morning, I saw the Boracay episode of Mobbed. Max could not control his happiness and said, "I loooove the Philippines!!!"

So do I, Max. So do I.