Monday, April 03, 2006

EVENT COVERAGE ::: Busy Snapping Away

I've been honing my papparazzo skills lately. The first set of photos you'll see (by clicking the photo on the left) were taken during our boss Edward King's surprise birthday party Friday before last. Nobody really asked me to do it but since our photographer was out on another assignment, I decided to take the Finepix S20 with me to Frontpage Piano Bar on Kalaw where the event took place.

Some of the photos are a tad blurry so I apologize for all the eyeball strain you may experience. Part of the reason is that I'm not familiar with some settings of that digital SLR so I mostly used the "auto" function. Nonetheless, I have gotten very positive results from those I've shown these shots to.

What came as a disappointment was the camera's CCD died the morning after! And we've barely used it!!! Later, I come to find out that it was a common problem with that particular model and the frickin' camera itself belonged to a bad batch Fuji already knew about. In any case, I've put in a request to get Fuji to fix it. It's just hard to accept how a camera that cost $1000 would turn out to be a, well, lemon.

But so much for that.

Tropang Puyat gathered this past weekend in remembrance of Ninang's birthday. Good thing Joey (a.k.a Tamulmol) brought his own digital camera. It's a 3.2 mp Canon Powershot A410 which isn't as loaded as the first camera I mentioned in this hurr blawg yet it worked well for me. I took some good photos of most of the activities including, of course, rampant tomfoolery.

As soon as Nanay Mely and the Pasig contingent backed up the driveway late Saturday morning, people began unloading the FX of food and things to prepare lunch. A very pregnant Mhec greeted me at the porch. The kids also greeted--Justin showed me his Sony Ericsson camera phone. (Turning 10 years old this Saturday and has a cellphone worth 6K. Yeah, I know.)

Soon after, the whole gang shuffled to the backyard to get the makeshift barbecue grill fired up while Janet, Karen, Mama, and Eloi got busy with the spring rolls (sige na nga, lumpia) and fried chicken.

Chessie was in one of her whimpery bratty modes again and wouldn't let go of Janet's shirt the whole time. I decided to get that brat out of there and took her to 7-Eleven with Justin where she picked up a Chocolait. Justin originally wanted the 5-peso slurpee but the girl at the counter grabbed a large-sized paper cup. Of course, Justin changed his mind and wanted that one instead. I bought two bottles of relatively cold C2 green tea and gave one to Janet.

Outside, it was hot and humid but Eloy and Joumar were working the barbecue like there was no tomorrow. I mean they were sweating just as the liempo did.

We had lunch boodle fight style and had to wait for the next batch of steamed rice to cook as the first one was consumed in seconds, as usual. The funny thing is it's never easy to predict how much to cook.

Later that afternoon, we went to the cemetery. Again, more snacking and taking photos happened. We packed up and left just as it started to get dark.

As Joey drove the "elders" home, the Tropa walked to Angelus to visit Bino. We hadn't done that in a long while. Also, we wanted to introduce Joyce (new member) to all things TPI. Hehe!

On the way home, we made one last stop at Joan's Internet shop to burn a cd of all the photos from our day.

S'gewd!

No comments:

Post a Comment