Monday, March 20, 2006

U2 ::: Bono Gets Waxed

The security guards at the office lobby are singling me out like a marked criminal. They are really getting on my nerves! Like this morning, coming back from breakfast, the guard at the steps saw me and called the attention of the guy at the door who then told me I had to give them gatepasses for leaving the premises even if I left before office hours started (which is at 9 o'clock). Of course, that was never the case and I have never been told of that bit of persnickety by them before. The schmucks are power tripping and I reheeeally hate that.

So this is supposed to be Bono? Well, they got most of him correct except the eyes--too small and not droopy enough. Also, when this figure was unveiled the real Bono was not present unlike other photo ops for new exhibits. I guess he didn't see himself in the project.

Not to take anything away from the coolness of wax figures but I think they relied too heavily on measurements with this one. What they ended up with is a face who looks like someone you've seen before but can't place. Like you've seen that face play a bit part in some forgotten tv show or movie.

I do not agree with their choice of "era" either. As much as I like the 90s, I really believe that today's Bono has a much more infuential and globally significant image than the Zoo TV persona. Besides, didn't they already make one of The Fly some time ago? I think I saw that in the "Even Better.." video.

If I had to pick, I'd go with this Bono simply because it's current and (with a rostrum) highlights his activities in recent years. The B-man also looks great in tailored suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment