Tuesday, January 03, 2006

RIGHT BRAIN ::: Still Standing

Those libertine romps have left you feeling empty...again. Wait, that's not really what I'm here to talk about. But I did want to chide you hedonistic rich kids as a I start feeling better about my tepid life.

Yes, I know, denial has superior publicists.

On my lunch hour, I went to the bank and paid my credit card bill. (No other commercial activity induces catatonia in me like this one, really.) Although I was loath to part with my money, I just shrugged it off and decided I will need to scrimp a wee bit more--as though the last twelve months were models of extreme self indulgence. At any rate, I did manage to hand over to VISA what they would consider chump change. I was reminded of what this stand-up joked about on tv not too long ago. He mentioned those bums carrying signs that say "will work for food".

"'Will work for food'? I work for VISA! I'm still paying for a meal I ate back in 1987!" he bawled. Touché.

No comments:

Post a Comment